- There are no short cuts in letterpress. Possibly more efficient, and logical ways of doing things but no fast shortcuts.
Which leads me to my second point:
- Adding white to a colour to lighten it up ON the ink disk, is not quicker than cleaning the old colour off, mixing a new colour and re inking the disk- and its less accurate.
- Making 6 passes through the press is just silly (pics to come)
- A design that requires 6 lines of images to all be straight and even is again a bit silly. You have to be super accurate and this takes time (see point # 1) Much easier to design with images that can be a tiny bit out without spoiling the design.
- Trying to save a wrongly inserted piece of paper and trying to stop the platen from closing with your hands is ineffective. Better to loose one print than a finger. (No fingers lost but a knuckle bruised!) Der!
- Still..I'm pretty happy with the end result. Invitations to Leo's 4th birthday. He is worth the full days work plus injury. Wonder if I can claim compo...